Black and Decker is a tool and hardware company with humble beginnings in 1910 but has branched out to become one of the most recognizable brands in power tools and lawn and home maintenance items. Revolutionizing the DIY movement in the 1940s and 50s with more powerful tools. This company is synonymous with quality power tools and anything bearing its name is most likely of high quality.
This is a Black & Decker LDX120C v20 cordless drill review. This product is one of the latest model power drills with a rechargeable battery pack and several other features that could sway a shopper to purchase this product over others.
Black and Decker 20v Features
- Cordless: This model of power drill includes a rechargeable battery that allows for unrestricted use and eliminates the need to constantly buy batteries especially if you plan to take advantage of this tool often. The cordless feature makes this tool ideal for completing jobs all over the house and in hard-to-reach areas.
- Ability to drill and drive: This feature makes the machine a lot more versatile and gives the user more range in what they can accomplish when using this tool.
- Variable speed and reverse design: This feature makes drilling, driving, and unscrewing quick and painless and gives better control of what you’re driving or drilling.
- Lightweight: The light design of this model enables it to be portable and readily accessible if needed in a pinch. This product could easily become a part of the standard tools used for any of your DIY jobs.
- Works well with a variety of materials: The versatility of this model’s functionality and utility makes it ideal for any material such as wood, plastic, or metal. This tool can leave a lasting impression on any number of different materials, whether it be for drilling or driving. This model of the drill is the indoor worker’s best friend.
- Excellent Grip: the comfort of the grip makes this product easier to control and won’t wreak havoc on your wrist should you find yourself assembling furniture for hours.
- 3.99 pounds: this lightweight tool is meant to be toted around for any number of different jobs that a person can tackle with this one tool.
- 24-position clutch: This prevents screws from stripping and ruining the material you’re working into. Also, provides a keyless clutch for quick and easy bit changes and has a broad range of drill bits to be used with the product. With so many positions the user has better control of the model so that the highest level of accuracy is achieved.
- Includes 20V battery and charger: This combination allows for nonstop drilling and driving that promises to not give out until the job is done. And since the battery is rechargeable model owners don’t have to stress themselves about having working batteries on hand especially if they plan on using this product often.
- Lithium Ion battery: People who have used the product rave about the speeds the machine can get to, however they aren’t too impressed with the charging or charge life of the battery.
Should you buy black+decker LDX120C?
The Black and Decker LDX120C 20v drill, lives up to the Black and Decker name, offering many of the features that they are known for some of their other models, and some that are unique to this particular product. Some of the highlights of this product are how lightweight it is. Making it ideal to use in high places and for extended periods of time. Plus, the cushioned grip reduces wrist fatigue making it a comfortable tool to use for long periods. 24 position clutch prevents the screws from stripping.
Plus, the keyless clutch allows for easy bit changes. This tool is a perfect combination of power and control and even a novice DIYer can find ease in working with this product. Many people who have used this product, mark its battery and charging capabilities as a little point. This is most likely why the product is geared more towards indoor use over outdoor or even serious construction jobs.
This model is ideal for small DIY jobs like furniture assembly, hanging decorations, or for curtains and picture frames. However, the price of this product relates nicely to the overall uses and features the model has to offer. Price-wise this product comes in on the lower end of the spectrum for cordless power drills. This could be due to the NiCad battery that is used and the number of volts that are used to run it.
So, ultimately the Black and Decker LDX120C 20V drill is a good product and provides many great features that will be of great use for any job. However, there are limitations to the features that are included. Such as their Lithium Ion battery that would limit the degree of work that can be accomplished with the machine. However, it is a comfortable product, easy to use, and versatile making it a great fit for someone looking to have a powerful tool at home to accomplish some around-the-house DIY projects.
However, those who need a high-powered electric drill that must be able to be used outside for extended periods of time. Then you might need to look into another model. Not that the Black and Decker LDX120C 20 Volt couldn’t be used, but it would not be the ideal product to use for that purpose. However, the product is perfect for in-home applications and projects, and for those purposes, people love this power drill.